The Enrollment Process
A child who is 3 years of age and completely toilet trained by the time of enrollment may participate in our program. Our multi- age program ranges in age from 3 to 6 years.
1. We invite the family to a virtual meeting to learn more about the child and needs of the family. We share information about our curriculum, activities, routines and answer any questions you may have.
2. We invite the family to complete an application for enrollment
3. As a precautionary measure, we will not conduct in-class student intake. We ask the family to complete the Ages and Stages questionnaires and answer additional questions that will help us determine if BBMA will be a good fit for the child. We may schedule a virtual meeting to talk to the child and do a mini-intake if possible. Please note, all students are admitted on a six-week provisional basis.
4. The family is informed of our decision for admission to our program.
5. The family is invited to complete an Enrollment Packet which contain documents and authorization forms required by the State and licensing regulations.
6. To confirm acceptance, the family must submit a signed agreement, enrollment fee as well as the tuition deposit as stated on the signed agreement.
7. The family is invited to a Virtual Orientation Session - During the orientation, the family will be provided with information about what to expect during the first weeks of school, how to deal with transitions, separation anxiety and such. The family will also learn how to gain access to our class blog, and will obtain login information to the communication apps we use.
8. New students are invited for a quick "walk-through" before his/her first day of school. This opportunity helps the child become familiar with the classroom and help with his/her transition to the new environment.
9. The first week of school is considered phase-in session or “orientation week” for the students. The class sessions are shorter in duration (8:30 am-12:30 pm) to ease the transition from home to school. The phase-in session may be extended to two weeks if the child is having difficulty with his/her transition to school.
Applications are usually accepted on a first come, first serve basis however, under the circumstances, we will give priority to essential workers. Please contact us to find out about current open enrollment slots. A preschool admission waiting list is maintained for future openings.
Bright Beginnings Montessori Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national, ethnic origin, or gender in its admission policies. In that spirit, we welcome all families and strive to maintain a student body consisting of children who will flourish in a peaceful Montessori environment and close-knit school community.
For Older Students:
If your child's virtual schedule is not convenient for your family... Click here, We may be able to help!